What is Empathic Health’s policy for content regarding growing or cultivating mushrooms?
- Members can share content depicting or demonstrating how to grow or cultivate medicine, culinary or other edible mushrooms (e.g., reishi, oysters, lion’s mane) that do not contain psilocybin or psilocin.
- Members can share content to educate or inform the public about mushroom spores, growing or cultivation techniques or know-hows, provided that actual psilocybin mushroom spores, mycelium or fruiting bodies are not used in the content. For example, a member may discuss the benefits of certains substrates, the importance of sterilization, or ideal environmental conditions for growing.
- Members can share content depicting or demonstrating growing and cultivating psilocybin mushrooms in other countries where this conduct is lawful or not illegal, such as Jamaica, Costa Rica or Brazil.
- Members may not share any content to solicit or facilitate an unlawful transaction involving psilocybin mushrooms.
- Members may not share any content depicting or demonstrating the growing or cultivating of psilocybin mushrooms. Any member posting such content is doing so at their own risk, which is increased or decreased depending on where the conduct took place.
- Despite the current regulations prohibiting cultivation of psilocybin, many people continue to create videos to educate and show off their psilocybin mushroom grows on Youtube, Reddit and other content sites. Such content provides evidence of unlawful conduct as discussed above. While such conduct may not be investigated or prosecuted due to decreased priorities of law enforcement in certain jurisdictions, a risk remains.
- Individuals who have created and shared content about cultivating psilocybin mushrooms on Youtube, Reddit or other content sites generally disguise or hide their identity, including identifying features, in the video and/or their accounts or use legal mushrooms as a substitute to discuss cultivation techniques.
Empathic Health’s policy is that members may not use Empathic Health to solicit or facilitate any transaction (including gifting) that involves controlled substances prohibited by federal and applicable state laws.
Empathic Health is not intended to be used as a marketplace and takes no responsibility for any transactions individual members might decide to undertake in spite of this. Content posted on Empathic Health is not an endorsement or recommendation of such content.